Friday, November 13, 2009

Bible Mapper Version 4

If, like me, you’re a fan of Bible Mapper, you’ll be pleased to know that version 4 has just been released.

Bible Mapper is still the best program for making custom maps of the Middle East, and now it includes 35 pre-made Bible maps that get you off to a quick start.  You can see some of these in the gallery

There are a number of other improvements as well that may not sound so impressive, but really make the program more enjoyable to use.  This includes:

• Select Object engine that uses the cursor is much faster at any zoom level and is more forgiving about how close you have to click on an object to select it (e.g., routes and rivers are easier to select)
  • A basic blank map template is included that contains essentially all the basic styles that you need to create a professional-quality map (journey path styles, political label styles, river label styles, etc.)

You can read more of the improvements on the website.  If you have any need for maps, I encourage you to check it out.  As before, use of the maps you create is virtually unrestricted.

Samsons Exploits bible mapper sample “Samson’s Exploits” – one of the new maps in Bible Mapper 4.0

Labels:

7 Comments:

• Thanks for telling us! This is by far one of my favorite programs ever!

By Blogger austend2, at Sun Nov 15, 10:32:00 AM

• I paid for the unlock key, but have not received it nor any replies to my emails. Are they still monitoring the site?

By Blogger David Bergeron, at Wed Jun 12, 11:53:00 PM

• David - the website says that "a key will be emailed to you typically within 24 hours." How long has it been?

By Blogger Todd Bolen, at Thu Jun 13, 09:10:00 AM

• Todd, I downloaded v4 June 9. Still no key. Dave should automatically issue an temporary 30-day key to give him time to send the real one. It really take the joy out of this software.

By Blogger David Bergeron, at Thu Jun 13, 07:12:00 PM

• On a separate topic, what was the Sin of the house of Jeru for the blood of Jezreel mentioned in Hosea? Seems most of the killings Jehu did were 'commissioned.'

By Blogger David Bergeron, at Thu Jun 13, 07:16:00 PM

• David - I don't believe that Hosea 1:4 condemns the house of Jehu for any sin. Most English translations do render the connection as causal; thus, "I will soon punish the house of Jehu for the bloodshed at Jezreel."

I believe this is incorrect. Jehu is nowhere else condemned for carrying out what God had commissioned him to do. Furthermore, it does not fit the context of Hosea to condemn Israelites for century-old sins. And every one of Hosea's children is named after the punishment, not the sin.

A better translation is "I will bring the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu." Thus Jehu's dynasty would end the way it began--with a massacre. If you follow the LXX in 2 Kings 15:10, then Jehu's dynasty actually ended where it began (in Ibleam).

If you're interested in more detail, I can send you a section of my dissertation where I discuss this issue.

By Blogger Todd Bolen, at Fri Jun 14, 08:18:00 AM

• The Key was in fact delivered quickly, but went into my Spam folder. All is good now.

By Blogger David Bergeron, at Sun Jun 16, 02:18:00 PM