Conference: Israel in Egypt and in Canaan
From the ANE-2 List:
International Conference for Biblical Archaeology in Germany
Israel in Egypt and in Canaan: In Search of the Historical Environment of Exodus and Conquest
Location: Christian Gästezentrum Württemberg, Schwäbisch Gmünd (near Stuttgart, Southern Germany), October 1-3, 2010
- Early or Late? Did the Biblical Exodus Really Occur and When Did It Happen?
- Who was the Pharaoh of the 10 Plagues and the Exodus?
- How Can Excavations on the Eastern Border of Egypt Help Determine the Exodus Itinerary?
- Israel’s Ethnogenesis
- Do We Find Evidence of the Israelite Tribes in Egypt?
- The Earliest Inscription Referencing Israel in Canaan?
- Do the Destructions at the End of the Late Bronze or Middle Bronze Ages Yield Evidence of the Israelite Conquest?
- Archaeological Exhibition on Jericho
- Plenum Discussions
- Dr John J. Bimson
- Prof. Dr James K. Hoffmeier
- Prof. Dr Manfred Görg
- Dr Thomas Tribelhorn
- Dr Peter van der Veen
- Richard Wiskin
- Prof. Dr Uwe Zerbst
- Prof. Dr Wolfgang Zwickel
* Translation in English and German will be provided for German and English lectures
For more information and for registration, see the English language flyer (pdf).